Per square feet per day is one of the sales revenue analysis calculations In retail operations. This calculation is famously called PSFPD Which is basically about the sales revenue system in retail stores focusing on coming on to the total required quality business from the store to meet the break-even or start making a profit.
This calculation can also be helpful before we sign a new property along with also for the running store and can help to answer the following blunt question in the retail business
- Why the store is not performing?
- What should be the ideal sales/Business per month to run a profitable operation?
- What will be the break-even for the store?
- How to improve sales profits?
The majority of Mall Space owners also calculate their per square feet per day sales from different brands as this calculation help them to understand the overall retail business hygiene of their retail space compared among the number of brands and the footfalls per day coming into the premises
The first step to answering these questions is to get to know your Per square feet per day revenue from the store. Following is the formula calculation as to how to calculate the per square feet per day score (PSFPD)
Total Sales ➗ Total Store Area ➗ Number of days
Eg. – for a Retail EBO store monthly score
- Total Sales – 700000
- Total Store Area – 650
- One Month Days – 30
- The score will be – 35.89 Rs is PSFPD
Hope this was helpful to understand so far…. & now it is easy for all of you to understand & calculate the profitability revenue required for a retail store before going ahead and signing the location. An ideal PSFPD score for the retail stores could anything between Rs.35-Rs.45.
How you can Improve your PSFPD
- Improve the Layout/VM/right Ambiance in line with brand standards
- Crisp & aligned Product assortment in line with Customer/Catchment’s demand and choice for better conversion rate
- time to time optimization of Offer & Price
- Emphasis on Add on sale, up-selling & cross-selling
- Customer Loyalty benefits/scheme
- Proper standards for Staff Training and Grooming
- Time to Time investment in increasing the Footfalls
- Advance and in trends Payment methods for Customers (CC, Gray, Paytm, etc).
Revenue per square foot reveals to you how productively you’re creating deals, which can be utilized to grandstand your potential for extending your eatery or including another area
Thanks…Happy selling !!
Dynamic Retail Math Kit For Retail Success
Dynamic Retail Math Kit Includes:
This downloadable product is a complete guide to provide you the handy and applicable knowledge on retail math skill sets, which is one of the most important know-how in the retail industry and in-demand skill set.
- E-BOOK (PDF)
- RETAIL MATH EXCEL SHEET (WITH EXPLANATION)
- INVENTORY ANALYSIS SHEET (EXCEL)
- SALES ANALYSIS SHEET (EXCEL)
- HOW TO IMPROVE RETAIL MATH SKILL SET?
- ROI SHEET – (EXCEL)