What is Social Media Marketing?
In the present time, Social media isn’t an outsider term & many people define social media as apps on their smartphone or tablet, but the truth is, this communication tool is a virtual world where presence became mandatory. Similarly, in straightforward words, Social media marketing (SMM) is the utilization of online networking stages to associate with your crowd or Target Customers (TG) to fabricate your image, increment deals, and drive store traffic/Walk-ins. This involves publishing great content on your social media profiles, listening to and engaging your followers, analyzing your results, and running social media advertisements.
Why SMM Integration is Important for your Local business?
Nowadays few of the challenging tasks for retailers are to bring potential customers to your store and promoting the place of retail among the targeted catchment. Retailers can address these challenges precisely with the help of SMM and address the range of stakeholders through it, including current and potential customers, current and potential employees, journalists, bloggers, and the general public. The following few are the advantages when you implement the SMM in your
· It also helps you to upgrade your services & Products basis on the feedback provided by your customers
· Help to improve customer recall for your store/brand.
· Improve walk-ins
· Successful new launch for Product or Service
· Improve brand loyalty through direct reach to your TG.
Using social media helps you build brand awareness, increase your shopper base, and connect with the existing customer base. In large SMM is an idea of pushing social media to work for you to improve your brand/store recall among your target audience. Interacting with customers on social media is a significant promotion tactic for small businesses.
Top 9 Advantages of Social Media Marketing for Small Retail Businesses
- Increased Brand Awareness…Social media allows you to market your business to thousands of people around the city of trade or a catchment area at any moment. Though there is no limit to the demographic, location, or type of consumer that your Offerings/brand can touch.
- Direct Access to Customers…. Social media allows you to connect with your target market, prospects, and customers at any time & best of all it is free & this is a great way to up sale your current base.
- Higher Conversion Rates… With increased visibility, your business gains more opportunities for conversion. Every post, image, video, or comment may lead viewers to your Social Media Page and increase traffic.
- Better Customer Satisfaction… Consumers today are leaving more online reviews than ever before & it provides honest feedback for your brand to consider. When you interact with them directly they feel more ownership and became more loyal to the brand & in a result will stay longer and well connected.
- Improved Brand Loyalty…Considering that customer satisfaction and brand loyalty typically go hand in hand, it is important to regularly engage with consumers and begin developing a bond with them. Customers see these platforms as a service channel where they can communicate directly with the business.
- More Authority…Customer satisfaction and brand loyalty both play a part in making your business more authoritative, but it all comes down to communication. When customers see your posting on social media, replying to customers, and posting original content, it makes the Shop/Business/brand appear more credible.
- Cost-Effective…Social media allows brands to be laser-focused and spend less on advertising. There are Facebook ad campaigns that reach more people than a billboard
- Gain Marketplace Insights…One of the most valuable advantages of social media is marketplace insight. Using social media as a complementary research tool can help gain information that will aid you in understanding your industry.
- Thought Leadership…Posting insightful and well-written content on your social media is a great way to become an expert and leader in your field. There is no one way to become a thought leader in your area of expertise/offerings.
Different types of Social Media
1. Social networking sites – Just to name a few to start with are Twitter, WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Snapchat, Telegram.
2. Business/Professional Networking sites – Linkedin, Skype, Microsoft Teams,
3. Image sharing sites – Pinterest, Instagram, Stumbleupon
4. Video hosting sites – Youtube, Vine, Viber, Tiktok.
5. Community blogs – Article Blogs Being Written on your area of the offering.
6. Open Community Discussion sites – Quora, Reddit,
How to Effectively Navigate Your Business on Social Media for Better Results?
· Create your business profiles on multiple social media platforms.
· Design and Define your business goals in alignment with your sales objectives…. Why? What? When?
· Post content daily with available offers and information on the new launch
· Give your customers a purpose to tail “You & Your offerings”.
· Form associations with social influencers related to your Product/expertise area.
· Encourage & share user-generated content on your profiles regularly.
· Take advantage of brief content to upgrade the offerings and services.
· You can hire a professional team to handle your social media accounts for precise content value for readers.
Social Media Marketing Strategy stages
Most social media stages have built-in data analytics tools, enabling retailers to track the progress, success, and engagement of ad campaigns. Following is the relaxed points-based process that can implement yourself to check the progress and effectiveness of your ad campaign.
Social Media Marketing is the future for any business “Small or Big” from here onwards ……We know now that majority of consumers want to have complete knowledge about their purchase and looking for complete value for money & assurance that they are “spending right”. This very much thought process is the reason that social media will be playing a major role in purchase behavior onwards as almost half of the world is in engagement with social media platforms some or the other way & use the “education provided” seriously enough to be taken care of.