As most of us are aware more or less how the market in the industry will behave in the coming times. There’s a lot of uncertainty about how the world will change, but it is extremely unlikely that things will just go back to exactly the way they were before. The following things can be considered before advancing to learn the discussed skill sets to succeed in a retail job.
- The skillset that has an immediate impact on daily life and regular commuting
- Invest time and resources to learn that can bring in in front fast instead of taking time and years to learn.
- Invest and adopt online learning and crash courses related to your field or work area with ease of learning.
- Companies need skillful salespeople who can bring revenues for them to run operations.
- People who can factually evaluate information from various sources to determine what is credible will be valued.
- People will need to adapt to ever-evolving workplaces and have the ability to continuously update and refresh their skills.
- Businesses looking forward to coming up with new ways to deliver services virtually or quickly shift to new products.
- When confronted with a Lukewarm job market, professionals with advanced and trending job skills will still be in demand and will be expected to struggle less to find work.
Here are 5 retail job skills that are likely to be in high demand and expected to be must-have in new normal.
1.Digital Marketing & Social Media Optimization Skills
- The sudden digital change in work methods/practices in organizations got a huge lift because of coronavirus.
- Companies are now even more motivated to give emphasis on digital learning and pushing digitally based operations in most ways, so the opportunities going forward for digital skillset know-how in work are limitless.
- Retailers will want to keep the business running on a digital platform to avoid any market reach gap during economic downturns or in new normal, which makes digital skill sets a “must-know” for placements in companies.
- Important digital skills sets succeed in a retail job are including:
- Handy coding knowledge (html, php, css)
- Web development and management.
- Knowledge of General designing Tools – like the use of Canava, Easil, Crello, etc.
- Online Sales funnel generation
- Social media marketing and its optimization
- Digital marketing and its application
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization
- Affiliate marketing
- Copywriting skills – Very important and in high demand due to the corona crisis.
- Closing sales over phone or internet
2.Modern Day Working with Technical Knowhow Skills
- Technical know-how is the best to prepare yourself in new normal for a post-coronavirus-world is to acquire new jobs or stay relevant in your existing profiles & succeed in a retail job
- The pandemic is pushing digital transformations in companies as they are trying to become more agile & robust to forthcoming outbreaks and challenges.
- Whether you work in a store, supermarket, workshop, or an accounting back office, you need to learn to be comfortable with these tech tools as well as to use in your daily work effectively:
- More use of PowerPoints, Word, excel in daily work operations
- Business applications of social media platforms
- Artificial intelligence
- Data Science and its usage
- The Internet-related things and understanding
- Use of Virtual and augmented reality in creative fields.
- Robotics and its integration in workspaces.
- Emphasis will be more on the above technical aspects as these tech tools make businesses more resilient to future outbreaks, and anyone that can help companies exploit these technologies will be in a strong spot and demand.
3.Cultivate Leadership Abilities and Skills
- One of the major and inevitable changes in the working world is growing “work from home” culture. After the digital skillset, various leadership roles in any organization will be the key to deliver the results.
- Organizations will be looking for candidates who can deliver and most important lead people, team, and channel partners in these difficult times with minimum hick-ups.
- Professionals with solid skills in leadership inspire teams as well as boost relationships in the market, will be in huge demand.
- The slow pace of economy is only going to stay for some more time post coronavirus, and people will be working in more distinct teams with minimum resources, in result required strong candidates taking the lead at different times for following major organizational goals:
- Trigger vision and values among your team
- Lifts morale guarantees effective & productive communication
- Motivates employees to push their limits at work and outperform
- Provides apt & timely resources to accomplish a given job or task
- Adopt Flexibility in the decision-making process to yield from business relationships.
- Help and indulge a practice of developing core competencies among the team.
- Promote adaptability and flexibility in the workspace.
4.Emotional Intelligence Skills to succeed in a retail job
- EQ (Emotional Quotient) is closely connected to leadership but is another must-have skill that is even more important in today’s uncertain and challenging times.
- Every business decision we make on daily basis is based on emotional learning and sentiments.
- At times when people might feel unclear about their job expectations and the future of their business, it is key to connect with people on an emotional level and make them understand the importance of their existence.
- People with strong EQ will be sought-after by organizations of all sizes and in all trades and look for:
- Ability to be aware of self-emotion and people around.
- Ability to understand, express, manage people
- Listen & Work with empathy – to have another perspective
- Adjusted to other people’s emotions.
- Harvest work relationships
- Cultivate soft skills
- Solve problems under pressure
- Control our emotions and be static.
- Aware of others’ emotions
- Resist & delay an impulse – Impulse control
5.Data Learning Skills – MIS Data Compilation & Know-how
- In today’s digital world Data is emerging as a new “new oil”.
- Major marketing decisions now or in the future will be purely based on data analysis only.
- Data literacy is of grave importance for every company.
- Instead of doing manual statistics with the right data, companies are able to better predict the impact of future business disruptions via new advanced software and coding.
- Companies that invest to understand current business trends and shifting customer needs are better able to respond in the right way.
- But, the data is of no use to a company unless there is data literacy—people armed with skills to know the data and its behavior to make improved decisions out of it.
- To do that they need people who have these data mining and analysis skillsets.
- Professionals with the following data literacy will be even more appealing:
- AI & machine learning adaptability
- Retail Math & Excel and MIS working scope
- Data Collection and regular input dashboard
- MIS and data compilation – Excel or software depends on the size and nature of business.
Major Online Learning Platform – Courses to succeed in a retail job
Commit to a Lifetime of Learning in this time –With changing times the skills believed essential today will change and continuous learning is only one way to remain relevant in a post-coronavirus reality. Following are the major online learning platform with affordable prices gives certificates accepted and respected in a global organization.
Hope you like the article, Pl share ahead with your friends on social media.
Dynamic Retail Math Kit For Retail Success
Dynamic Retail Math Kit Includes:
This downloadable product is a complete guide to provide you the handy and applicable knowledge on retail math skill sets, which is one of the most important know-how in the retail industry and in-demand skill set.
- E-BOOK (PDF)
- RETAIL MATH EXCEL SHEET (WITH EXPLANATION)
- INVENTORY ANALYSIS SHEET (EXCEL)
- SALES ANALYSIS SHEET (EXCEL)
- HOW TO IMPROVE RETAIL MATH SKILL SET?
- ROI SHEET – (EXCEL)